Furlani Great On The Grill Contest Rules
Everyday mealtimes become moments to remember with delicious food pairings. Cooking on the BBQ creates favourites that are shared as a family. There’s nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked garlic bread and the mouth-watering char marks on Furlani toast, to get everybody running to the table!
We love the thrill of the sizzle and we thought we’d excite you with a fun contest to kickstart your summer and spark your creative juices!
Enter for a chance to WIN the Furlani Ultimate BBQ Prize Pack (approximate value of $750). Prize includes a Napoleon TRAVELQ™ 285X, Napoleon Meat Lovers BBQ Starter Kit, and of course, Furlani® coupons to get you stocked up. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Furlani Great On The Grill Contest (the “Contest”) Official Rules (the “Rules”)
This Contest is intended for viewing and participation in Canada only and shall be interpreted according to the laws of Canada. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this contest. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. This is a skill-based contest. Furlani® obtains rights from entrants to use any, and all photos posted in connection with this contest.
- The sponsor of this Contest is Furlani Foods Corporation (the “Contest Sponsor”).
- This contest is open to residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are at least age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. The Contest is not open to employees of the Contest Sponsor, the Administrator, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies, representatives, agents, advertising or promotion agencies, contest prize suppliers, any other companies engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”), and members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, regardless of where they live), or persons domiciled with (whether related or not), of any of the above.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 9:00 am ET Eastern Time (ET) on May 20, 2022 and ends promptly at 5:00 pm (ET) on June 30, 2022 (the “Contest Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER. Post your photo on Facebook or Instagram, tag us, and use our hashtag #FurlaniBBQ.
- By submitting your entry, you confirm that you are eligible to participate according to these Rules.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person and per Facebook/Instagram account per day. Duplication or any attempts or suspected attempts, as determined in the sole discretion by the Contest Sponsor, to exceed the maximum number of Entries or accounts per person or per Facebook account is a violation of these Rules and may result in disqualification and forfeiting of any prize. Entrant must not create false identities, or impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with any person or entity. All Entries must be received by the end date and time of the Contest Period indicated in Rule 3.
Automated, scripted, macro, programmed, robotic or any other automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices may result in disqualification. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the Registered Owner (as defined below) of the Facebook/Instagram account associated with the account used for entry.
- PHOTOGRAPH SUBMISSION AND POSTING GUIDELINES (“Submission Guidelines”): Any photo uploaded by an entrant must:
Be an original work, created solely by the entrant, and over which the entrant has all necessary rights, title, and interest, including copyright;
Not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, or defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights, of any third party, living or deceased;
Not use, or be confusingly similar to, the brand names, trade names, trademarks, or logos of any third parties;
Not contain or make any reference to any branded food or beverage products other than Furlani Garlic Texas Toast and Garlic Bread products;
Be suitable for family audiences, in the sole determination of the Contest. Without limitation, entries and usernames shall not contain any content that is or contains: the promotion of unlawful behaviour, political in nature, profanity, nudity, explicit sexuality, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or is hatefully, racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive or objectionable;
Have been created specifically for this Contest, and have not been previously published, or entered, or received any awards in, any other contest or competition;
Be from an identifiable source. The entrant must not create a false identity, or impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with any person or entity;
Not be prohibited for use by applicable laws or the Submission Guidelines; Not contain images of minors or any third parties;
Not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about the Contest Sponsor or any of its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill associated with the Contest Sponsor, as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion;
Be consistent with the Contest Sponsor’s image;
Comply with these Rules.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to review any entry at any time during the Contest Period for compliance with these Submission Guidelines and these Rules and to take such action as it deems appropriate, including removing any entry or entrant from the Contest in the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. Any such review shall not relieve entrants from responsibility for compliance with these Rules.
By entering, you: (i) represent and warrant that you have the right and authority to, and do hereby, grant to the Contest Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free worldwide license in perpetuity to produce, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse, exhibit, publish, post, adapt, create derivative works from, commercialize, trademark, copyright and or otherwise use without limitation all or any part of the entry in any manner and media whether now known or hereafter devised including, without limitation, on social media platforms and product packaging; and (ii) waive any and all moral rights that you may have in and to the entry.
By entering the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor (as defined herein) from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or other material in any media throughout the universe subsequently produced, presented and/or prepared by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor, infringements related to any elements, characters or ideas contained in your entry. For greater certainty, the Contest Sponsor will not be responsible should any future packaging, advertising, promotion, or other independently developed creative, marketing or advertising materials bear any resemblance to an entry that is not declared to be a winning entry.
Any submission of copyrighted material or previously published material is prohibited. By submitting an entry, you warrant and represent that it: (i) is your original work, created solely by you, and over which you have all necessary rights, title and interest, including copyright; (ii) does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, or defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights, of any third party, living or deceased; and (iii) that publication of the entry via various media, including without limitation publicly on the Internet, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Entrant waives his/her moral rights and agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor from any claims involving a breach of the warranties and representations in this Rule 5.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Although online access is required to participate in the Contest, no purchase is required. Many public libraries, Internet cafés, retail businesses and others offer access to the Internet and several Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts. No purchase of Furlani® products is necessary to participate in the Contest and entries which do not feature Furlani® branded products will still be valid.
- PRIZE AND DRAW. There is one (1) prize available to be won across Canada valued at $750. Winner will receive one (1) Napoleon TRAVELQ™ 285X, one (1) Napoleon Meat Lovers Starter Kit, ten (10) Furlani coupons (the “Prize”). Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted, transferred or exchanged., except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, which may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Prize will be delivered to winners 2-6 weeks after the contest closes.
- DETERMINING THE WINNERS. On July 5, 2022, at 2:00 pm ET at 1730 Aimco Boulevard, Mississauga, L4W 1V1 one (1) entry will be chosen from among all eligible entries received. Each Submission will be reviewed by a team of judges (the “Judges”) assembled by Contest Sponsor, who will review and judge all eligible Submissions based on the following judging criteria (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”):
- 33%: Appetite Appeal (e.g., points given for mouthwatering, appetizing BBQ meal ideas).
- 33%: Creativity (e.g., originality, interesting ingredient and recipe combos, use of themed hashtag #FurlaniBBQ etc.).
- 34%: Presentation (e.g., points for appealing presentation, styling, lighting, proper focus, etc.).
The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for any inability for a potential entrant to successfully enter the Contest for any reason. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. Proof of transmission (e.g., screenshots) and/or mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
- HOW TO CLAIM THE PRIZE: If you are selected as a prize winner, you will be notified by direct message through the social channel used to enter within three (3) business days following the draw (the “Notification”). In order to be declared a winner, a potential winner must: (i) respond to correspondence from the Contest’s Sponsors designated agent within five (5) business days of Contest’s Notification by providing the Contest Sponsor with a valid email address; (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, a required time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Contest Sponsor’s designated agent; (iii) sign a Release form (the “Release”) and return to the Contest Sponsor’s designated agent by email within five (5) business days of receipt of the Release.
If a potential winner fails to meet any of these requirements, he/she will be disqualified and forfeit the Prize. The Contest Sponsor may then, at its sole and absolute discretion, select another eligible entrant, based on appetite-appeal, creativity, and presentation of the eligible entrant’s entry, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. The potential winner will be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of photo identification as part of the verification process. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential Prize winner.
No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for the Prize after it has been shipped, and winner bears all risk of loss or damages to his/her Prize after shipping.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to these Rules and all decisions of the contest judges (who may be employees, agents, or independent contractors), which shall be final and legally binding on the entrant in all matters relating to this Contest including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for any inability for a potential entrant to successfully enter any draw for any reason. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete Entries. Proof of transmission (e.g., screenshots) does not constitute proof of receipt by the Contest Sponsor. By submitting an Entry to this Contest, entrants confirm their compliance with these Rules, and release the Contest Parties, and each of their officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, the contest judges, from all liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize awarded.
- Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Participants engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
- The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for (and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct) typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, distribution of the prizes or technical malfunctions of telephone network lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, viruses, bugs, failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, or failure of any email or direct message to be received by the Contest Sponsor or a participant for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof.
- The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Contest or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Contest. The Contest Parties do not warrant that access to, or use of the Contest will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- This Contest is void where prohibited.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario. The Contest Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained therein.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English language Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: The Release, and/or point of sale, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these English language Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering this Contest, each entrant and winner acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Sponsor: (i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Contest and/or the awarding, use or misuse of the prize, (ii) makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the prize, (iii) disclaims any implied warranty, and (iv) is not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of the prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Contest.
By participating in this Contest or accepting a prize, you agree to the Contest Sponsors use of your name, city/province of residence, picture and statements, in any advertising and publicity the Contest may conduct relating to the Contest Sponsor or its products in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, any social media platform and on product packaging, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation ornotice.
- Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, Facebook or Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Contest Sponsor, not Facebook or Instagram. All information provided by entrant is being provided to the Contest Sponsor and not to Facebook or Instagram. Facebook and Instagram are completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest.
- Winner List: For a winner list, visit https://furlanifoods.com/contest-winners. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.